2018 Minnesota State Fair – Kemps Exhibit
Mon, August 27, 2018 | Press Releases
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MEDIA CONTACT: Paul Maccabee/Jessica Petrie
KEMPS UNVEILS “UDDERLY NEW” EXHIBIT AT MINNESOTA STATE FAIR
AUGUST 23 – SEPTEMBER 3 WITH MOBILE MOOOSEUM,
PHOTO BOMB BOOTH, COW TATTOOS AND OH . . . .
FREE SAMPLES OF ICE CREAM!
ST. PAUL, MN, August 27, 2018 – Are you one of the tens of thousands of Minnesota State Fairgoers who are absolutely determined to milk a robot cow, decorate your arm with bovine tattoos, shoot selfies of yourself with a photo-bombing cow and devour free samples of Minnesota-made frozen treats? Then you have only one destination at the Minnesota State Fair this year – the Kemps Dairy Exhibit!
Nestled just south of the Kemps-sponsored Little Farm Hands exhibit, the new Kemps Dairy Exhibit is located on Cooper Street between Randall and Lee Avenues throughout the August 23 – September 3 duration of the State Fair.
Dominating the Kemps Dairy Exhibit will be the rare reappearance of Kemps’ 100th Anniversary Mobile “Mooseum,” a 55-foot long semi-trailer that features a 1940s-era stainless steel soda shop fountain, interactive Incredible Milking Cow station where families can milk the rubber udders of a simulated Kemps cow, flat-panel multi-media TV wall playing scenes from Kemps history, interactive cow art galleries, “Guess the Ice Cream Flavor” games and a “From Farm to Freezer” Wall, taking Fairgoers behind-the-scenes to reveal how ice cream is manufactured at Kemps’ Rochester, MN factory.
Among the other surprises awaiting State Fairgoers at this year’s new Kemps Dairy Exhibit:
• Free samples of Kemps frozen treats, every day of the Fair at 11:30 am – 12:30 pm; 1:00 – 2:00 pm, and 2:30 – 3:30 pm.
• A Kemps Tattoo Tent, where kids of all ages can receive temporary tattoos depicting the Kemps cow driving a tractor!
• The Kemps Cow Car, a bright red Volkswagen Bug with a custom-fabricated, 100-pound, 3-foot-tall Kemps cow erupting from its back window!
• A Kemps Photo Bomb selfie-booth, where Fairgoers can have their photos taken in front of a special effects “green screen” chosen from 6 different backgrounds, including images of the Fair’s new giant Ferris Wheel and a cow driving farm equipment. The photos will be uploaded to an iPad, ready for Fairgoers to post immediately to Instagram, Facebook and other social networks.
• The opportunity to win an inflatable cow (50 are being given away each day), along with free books on how ice cream is made and Kemps collectable cows.
“We’re so excited to welcome Minnesota State Fairgoers to our Kemps exhibit and to help us celebrate our 104th year of nourishing our Minnesota and Wisconsin communities,” says Rachel Kyllo, senior vice president of St. Paul-based Kemps “And we’re especially pleased to give Kemps fans a sneak preview of our 2019 ‘Good Comes Around’ initiatives – a community-building effort connecting Minnesota and Wisconsin dairy farmers, our 1,100 Kemps employees, the thousands of member farmers across the US with the Dairy Farmers of America and just about everyone in Minnesota and Wisconsin whose families enjoy Kemps’ fresh dairy products.”
For more information on the Kemps Dairy Exhibit at the Minnesota State Fair, follow Kemps on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kempscows. For information on the Kemps-sponsored Little Farm Hands exhibit, visit: https://www.mnstatefair.org/location/little-farm-hands/
# # #