Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken in Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 3 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup Kemps Country Creamer
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute shallots in olive oil for 3-5 minutes. Add chicken and cook until done, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and place on cutting board; dice and set aside.
- Add chopped tomatoes to the skillet and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, oregano, and basil and allow to simmer 10 minutes more. Add Country Creamer and reduce to thick consistency, cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Begin cooking pasta according to package directions. Just before the pasta is done, add chicken to the tomato cream sauce.
- Drain cooked pasta. Place in skillet and toss with chicken tomato cream sauce mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Analysis (without salt): 430 calories, 14g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 65g cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 46g total carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 32g protein, 46mg calcium