Creamy Herbed Potatoes
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup freshly snipped chives
- 2 tsp crushed rosemary
- 1/2 tsp EACH: salt and pepper
- 1 quart Kemps Half & Half
- 2 pounds all purpose potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large Spanish onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt butter in 3-quart heavy saucepan. Stir in flour, herbs and seasonings until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Gradualy stir in Kemps Half & Half. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil and stir one minute; set aside.
- Layer half the potatoes in a well-buttered, 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Cover with half the onions, and sprinkle with half the Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Pour half the cream mixture over the potato, onion, cheese mixture.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and top is golden.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 380 calories; 8.88 grams protein; 25 grams fat; 15.3 grams saturated fat; 32 grams carbohydrates; 259.5 milligrams sodium; 233.4 milligrams calcium; 2.5 grams fiber
Recipe courtesy of American Dairy Association