Crustless Spinach Quiche
- 10 oz. box chopped frozen spinach, thawed Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp Marsala wine
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cups Kemps Fat Free Half & Half
- 6 oz. Swiss cheese, grated
- Cooked spinach according to directions. Drain well and reserve.
- Coat medium skillet with cooking spray. Using medium heat, heat pan; add onions and saute until soft.
- Add spinach to pan and mix thoroughly. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Add Marsala wine. Raise heat and boil for one minute. Remove from heat, and allow to cool slightly.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, beat together egg substitute and Simply Smart Fat Free Half & Half.
- Spray quiche dish with cooking spray.
- Spread cheese to cover bottom of quiche dish. Pour in egg mixture; gently mix. Add spinach mixture to egg and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 450 degrees F. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes or until quiche is brown and firm, and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.