Iced Egg Nog Cookies
Soft, puffy cookies made with egg nog and topped with a creamy egg nog buttercream icing.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Kemps & J.R. Watkins Vanilla Egg Nog
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Kemps & J.R. Watkins Vanilla Egg Nog
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cream butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks and egg nog and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients until well combined. Do not over mix.
- Using a teaspoon, create 1 1/2 inch dollops of dough and roll into a balls.
- Place balls of dough on the cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add 3 cups of powdered sugar, until mixture is dry and crumbly.
- Add the egg nog, nutmeg and cinnamon and stir until smooth.
*Also try with our other varieties of J.R. Watkins Egg Nog like Vanilla Almond and Pumpkin Spice