Pesto Chicken & Broccoli Bake
12oz (4 cups) bag of broccoli florets
1 rotisserie chicken (skin removed, meat removed from bones, cut into bite size pieces)
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup Kemps Select Heavy Whipping Cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons prepared pesto
4 slices thick slice bread or French bread, cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
1/4 cup melted butter
- Heat oven to 350F. Butter 9-inch square pan or 2-quart casserole dish, set aside.
- Steam broccoli for 1 minute or until turns bright green. Place on bottom of prepared pan.
- Top broccoli with chicken pieces.
- In 1 1/2 quart saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium high heat. Whisk in flour until mixture is bubbly. Gradually whisk in whipping cream and milk. Continue whisking until mixture is slightly thickened (1-2 minutes).
- Stir in Parmesan cheese until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat. Stir in mayonnaise and pesto.
- Spoon mixture over chicken. Spread to evenly coat.
- Top with bread pieces; drizzle with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and heated through. If bread pieces are browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil.