Simple Lemon Pound Cake with Raspberry Sauce
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 egg whites, beaten
- 1 package frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Whipping or Heavy Cream, whipped with confectioner s sugar (click here for recipe)
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Cream the butter and add the flour mixture gradually. Mix thoroughly.
- Beat the egg yolks until light; beat in the sugar gradually and add in the lemon juice.
- Combine with the butter-flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Pour into well-greased loaf pan; bake at 325 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes.
- While cake is baking, combine berries, sugar and water in saucepan. Heat to a boil. Let boil 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce to simmer. Stir until desired consistency. Pour over or around cooled cake. Top each slice of cake with fresh whipped cream.