Sour Cream Macaroni and Cheese
Makes 6 Servings
- 1/2 lb. cooked pasta/elbow, cooked al dente
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup prepared cheese sauce*
- 3/4 cup Kemps Sour Cream
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp tobasco sauce
- 2 Tbsp bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the cooked noodles into a bowl and toss with canola oil.
- Prepare cheese sauce according to directions, if necessary. If using jarred prepared sauce, warm gently in saucepan over low heat
- Slowly add a 1/2 cup of the sour cream, stirring constantly.
- Add the Dijon mustard, Worcestershire and Tobasco sauces.
- Lightly coat an 8×8-inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add sauce to noodle, and coat thoroughly.
- Place the cheese noodle mixture into the baking dish. Top with the remaining sour cream evenly from end to end. Top with breadcrumbs, evenly and coat with paprika. Lightly spray the top of the casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the casserole in oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
Serving Suggestion: Serve as a side dish or as an entre with a green salad.
* if using powdered cheese sauce mix, make enough for 1 cup.
Per Serving: Calories 123; Fat 4g; Protein 5g; Carbohydrate 17g; Cholesterol 12mg; Sodium 146mg; Calcium 54mg; Saturated Fat 2.5g;