Stuffed Breast of Chicken with a Mushroom Cottage Cheese and Roasted Pepper Filling
- Chicken breast, skinless boneless, 4 oz. pieces
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, white domestic, chopped fine
- 1/2 large Portobella mushrooms, diced
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp red pepper, roasted diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 Tbsp red wine
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kemps Cottage Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cover chicken breast with plastic wrap and pound thin. Reserve.
- In medium saucepan, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, peppers, garlic, and celery and cook, stirring constantly until vegetables are tender and dry.
- Pour in the red wine and thyme and continue to cook until wine has reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and stir in breadcrumbs and parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Allow mixture to cool. Stir in cottage cheese.
- Place about 1/3-1/2 cup of stuffing in the middle of each breast. Roll each chicken breast, leaving the seam of each on the bottom.
- Place chicken into a roasting pan. Bake for 25- 30 minutes. Chicken breast is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 160F.
- Allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting.
Serving Suggestion: Slice along the width of the finished pieces to form medallions. Serve with grilled asparagus and saffron rice, along with a sour cream dressing or sauce of choice.
Per Serving: 112 Calories; 3g Fat; 16g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 35mg Cholesterol; 24mg Calcium; 1g Saturated Fat; 180mg Sodium