Tart Cheesecake Tart
Prep & Cook Time 4 h 30 min
- 1 package coconut macaroon cookies (or cookie, without filling, of your choice)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 packages cheesecake pudding mix
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 8-ounce block cream cheese, softened
- Place cookies into the bowl of a food processor. Grind cookies into a fine meal.
- If you don’t have a food processor, place cookies in a gallon-sized zip-top bag and seal shut. Using a rolling pin or heavy pan, crush the cookies into a fine meal.
- Measure out 1½ cups of crumbs and place them in a medium-sized bowl, then mix in butter and salt.
- Press crust mixture into a pie, tart or springform pan. Using a flat-bottomed measuring cup, press crust evenly into place and up against the sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until smooth.
- Add in lime juice, zest and cream cheese. Using a handheld mixer, beat until cream cheese is combined and mixture is slightly fluffy.
- Slice and serve.
Recipe and image provided by Half & Half Magazine.