Chocolate Pumpkin Pancakes
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 large egg
2 tablespoons melted butter, unsalted
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cups Kemps chocolate milk
Optional: Syrup & Kemps Heavy Whipping Cream
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, egg, and melted butter.
- In a smaller separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and spices.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture and add the chocolate milk. Stir until just combined. Mixture should be thick, but pourable. If it is too thick (not pourable), then add more chocolate milk by the 1/4 cup.
- On a greased or buttered griddle over medium-low heat, add 1/3 cup of batter. Cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes on the first side until bubbles start to form on the pancake and the edges start to firm up. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes on the second side.
- Serve topped with syrup or whipped cream