Cottage Cheese Pancakes with Blueberries
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Kemps Heavy Cream
2 large eggs (separated)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Kemps Cottage Cheese (liquid dressing drained off)
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup blueberries
Butter for cooking pancakes
1. In a large bowl, mix together milk, cream, egg yolks, vanilla extract and cottage cheese.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, nutmeg, and salt. Gently stir into milk mixture.
3. Place the egg whites in a clean medium bowl. With a hand mixer, beat on high speed until egg whites form stiff peaks, about 3 minutes.
4. Fold egg whites into pancake batter, be gentle and do not overmix.
5. In a pan, over medium heat, melt butter. Spoon in 1/4 cup of pancake batter into the hot pan. Top pancakes with a few blueberries. When bubbles begin to rise in the center and edges begin to brown, flip pancake over once and cook about an extra minute or two.
6. Continue until all of the batter is used. You may have to add additional butter to the skillet so the pancakes don’t stick.
7. Serve with syrup and fresh blueberries.