Iced Irish Coffee with Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 6 ounces strong-brewed coffee
- 1 1/2 ounce Irish whiskey
- 1 teaspoon white or brown sugar
- 1 cup Kemps Half & Half or Heavy Whipping Cream
- ice to fill two tumblers
- cocoa powder or cinnamon for garnish (optional)
For vanilla whipped cream:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Begin brewing coffee if not using cold brew or pre-brewed. Once brewing is finished, allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, add the heavy cream to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Use a hand mixer or the whisk attachment on a stand mixer to begin frothing the heavy cream.
- Once the cream is frothy, add the sugar and vanilla extract. Continue to whip until cream thickens to soft peaks, about 3 to 5 minutes. Be sure not to overmix or the cream may become grainy or start to separate.
- Fill two tumblers with ice and add Irish whiskey. Pour coffee over the top and add sugar. Stir to combine and cool the coffee, then add half & half or cream to taste.
- Spoon the vanilla whipped cream on top and dust with cocoa powder or cinnamon if desired.
- Serve immediately. Store remaining whipped cream in the refrigerator, up to two days.
If using glassware, store tumblers or glasses in the freezer. Remove just before serving.
To save time, use pre-brewed coffee from your morning routine or prepare a pot of coffee the evening before. Store in the refrigerator until ready to mix.
Recipe and image provided by Half & Half Magazine.