Spicy Cheddar Biscuits with Paprika
Prep & Cook Time 30 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
8 oz extra harp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter
1 1/4 cups buttermilk (if you don’t have buttermilk – mix 1 1/4 cups Kemps milk, 1 tbsp white vinegar, let sit 5 min)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add 1 cup of the buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients bowl and stir, setting aside 1/4 cup of buttermilk for brushing.
- Fold in cheese.
- Drop dough onto greased baking sheet in approximate 1/4 cup scoops, leaving 1″ between biscuits.
- Brush biscuits with buttermilk.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.