Asparagus & Tomato Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
8 ounces uncooked dried Fettuccine
4 (4-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
2 Tbsp. butter
1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2″ pieces
1/4 cup butter
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup Kemps Select Heavy Whipping Cream
1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
6 ounces small multi-colored cherry or grape tomatoes, each cut in half
1. Cook fettuccine in 3-quart saucepan according to package directions. Drain pasta; keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet until sizzling. Add chicken. Cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until chicken is done and is light golden brown 165F (7-8 minutes). Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
3. In same skillet, add asparagus. Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is fork tender (5-6 minutes). Remove asparagus from pan. Cover to keep warm.
4. In same skillet melt 1/4 cup butter. Add garlic. Cook over medium high heat 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium. Whisk in whipping cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook, whisking constantly until mixture just comes to a boil and thickens (3-4 minutes).
5. Add the drained fettuccine to the cream mixture, toss to coat well. Toss in asparagus and tomato halves. Top each serving with sliced chicken. Serve immediately.