Potato, Bacon and Sour Cream Frittata
4 slices bacon
1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2″ cubes
8 large eggs
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1/3 cup Kemps Sour Cream
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup cooked asparagus or broccoli
Herbs or scallions (sliced thin), if desired.
1. In a 12″ oven-proof frying pan (or cast-iron skillet), cook bacon over medium-low until crispy. Place on a paper towel lined plate. When cool, crumble into 1/4″ pieces; set aside.
2. In same pan, leave 2 Tbsp bacon fat, reserving rest in a small bowl. Cook potato in bacon fat over medium-high until browned and tender, 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
3. In a bowl, beat eggs with salt and pepper, add reserved bacon and potatoes.
4. Preheat oven to broil, placing a rack 6″ from heat.
5. Heat reserved bacon fat in pan over medium. Add egg mixture, reduce heat to low, and cook 6 minutes. Top with cheese.
6. Broil for 3-4 minutes, until eggs are set. Garnish with dollop of sour cream, scallions, or herbs if desired. Serve.
400 calories per serving, 18g carbs, 21g protein, 28g fat, 460mg cholesterol, 720mg sodium, 2g fiber.