Stars & Stripes Vanilla Berry Cake
Prep & Cook Time 60 min
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup Kemps Buttermilk
- 2 cups Kemps Heavy Whipping Cream
- 5 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup rinsed/dried fresh blueberries
- 2 cups rinsed/dried sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease 9″x13″ pan.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream butter, sugar, and oil together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat on high until mixture is light and velvety.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add half of flour mixture to butter mixture and lightly beat until just barely combined. Add half of the buttermilk, mix until just combined, add the remaining flour mix until just combined and finish with rest of the buttermilk, scraping the bowl and mixing until the mixture is just smooth and all ingredients are fully incorporated. Do not overmix or cake will be tough.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth top of batter flat. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched and top of the cake is brown.
- Cool cake completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat Kemps Heavy Whipping Cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla on high until medium firm peaks form, and cream holds shape when stirred.
- Spread whipped cream on cool cake.
- Decoration: Place blueberries in a 4″x4″ square in the upper left corner and use strawberries for stripes.
- Serve and enjoy! Keep refrigerated.